Question 9 Chapter 5 – Unimax
9. Pass Journal entries for the following:
(i) Interest due but not received Rs. 74,000.
(ii) Salaries due to staff Rs. 25,000.
(iii) Out of the rent paid this year, Rs. 2,000 relates to the next year.
(iv) Provide 10% depreciation on furniture costing Rs. 5,000.
(v)Goods used in making Furniture (Sale Price Rs. 2,000; Cost Rs. 1,500).
(vi) Received commission of Rs. 10,000 plus CGST and SGST @ 6% each by cheque, half of Amount is in advance.
The solution of Question 9 Chapter 5 – Unimax:
|(i)||Accrued Interest A/c||Dr.||4,000|
|To Interest A/c||4,000|
|(Being the interest due but not received)|
|To Outstanding Salaries A/c||25,000|
|(Being the salaries due to staff)|
|(iii)||Prepaid Rent A/c||Dr.||2,000|
|To Rent A/c||2,000|
|(Being the rent paid in advance)|
|(iv)||Depreciation A/c (10% of 5,000)||Dr.||500|
|To Furniture A/c||500|
|(Being the depreciation provided on furniture)|
|To Purchases A/c||1,500|
|(Being the goods costing 1,500 used in making furniture)|
|(vi) (a)||Bank A/c||Dr.||11,200|
|To Commission Received A/c||10,000|
|To Output CGST A/c||600|
|To Output SGST A/c||600|
|(Being the commission received, charged CGST and SGST 6% each)|
|(b)||Commission Received A/c||Dr.||5,600|
|To Commission Received in Advance A/c||5,600|
|(Being the commission received in advance adjusted)|
This is all about the Question 9 Chapter 5 – Unimax. You can check out the following article to better understand:
You Can also read all above articles in Hindi on our Hindi Website
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any doubt in the Question 9 Chapter 5 – Unimax.
You can also Check out the solved question of other Chapters: –
Advanced Accountancy – Unimax Class 11 – 2021 – Solution.
- Chapter No. 1 – Introduction of Accounting
- Chapter No. 2 – Theory Base of Accounting
- Chapter No. 3 – Vouchers and Transactions
- Chapter No. 4 – Journal
- Chapter No. 5 – Goods and Services Tax (GST) : An Introduction
- Chapter No. 6 – Ledger
- Chapter No. 7 – Special Purpose Book – Cash Book
- Chapter No. 8 – Other Subsidiary Books
- Chapter No. 9 – Trial Balance
- Chapter No. 10 – Rectification of Errors
- Chapter No. 11 – Depreciation
- Chapter No. 12 – Provision and Reserves
- Chapter No. 13 – Bank Reconlciliation Statement
- Chapter No. 14 – Bills of Exchange
Students may Choose only one part from the Part II and Part III
- Chapter No. 15 – Financial Statements (Without Adjustments)
- Chapter No. 16 – Financial Statements (With Adjustments)
- Chapter No. 17 – Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System
- Chapter No. 18 – Introduction to Compurters and Accounting information System
- Chapter No. 19 – Computerised Accounting
- Chapter No. 20 – Accounting Software : Tally
- Chapter No. 21 – Data Base System
- Chapter No. 22 – Concept of Entity and Relationship
You can also Check out the other Books’ Solution: –
- Usha Publication – Elements of Book-Keeping PSEB (Class 11) – Solution
- T.S. Grewal’s Double Entry Book Keeping (Class +1) – Solution
- D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution