Triple Column Cash Book:
In Triple Column Cash Book here is three column in the cash book because every Businessman has a minimum of one current account in the bank. it is a very convenient way for him to get paid by cheque and make payment to others by cheque. So, he has to record these payments and receipts in the cash book for this an additional column will require name bank column. So now total three column will be required to record proper payment and receipts in the cash book these are shown below
- Cash Column
- Bank Column
- Discount Column
A specimen of triple Column Cash Book shown below:
The Columns of the Triple Column Cash Book are explained Below:
- Voucher Number (V. NO.):
- L.F. (Ledger Folio):
All the Above column are same as single & double column cash book but instead of amount column here is three columns are prepared 1. Discount, 2. Cash and 3. Bank.
1. Discount Column:
In discount Column, we have to record the discount received on credit site of the cash book and discount allowed on the debit side of the cash book.
2. Cash Column:
All the payment and receipts made by cash are recorded in this column.
3. Bank Column:
All the payment and receipts made by bank/ Cheque are recorded in this column.
Example of Triple Column Cash Book :
We are taking the same example as the single & Double column to understand easily. We have just merged the two examples: Example No 1 | Discount and Cash Column: and Example No 2 | Bank and Cash Column:
- 01/04/17 Started a business with cash Rs 50,000/- and bank balance of Rs 2,00,000/-
- 04/04/17 Goods purchase worth Rs 10,000/- and payment made immediately By cheque and get discount Rs 100/-
- 07/04/17 Rent paid for the building Rs 1,000/-
- 09/04/17 Wages paid for Rs 2,500/- by Cheque
- 11/04/17 Sold goods worth Rs 5,000/- and to receive payment immediately by cheque and allow discount Rs 100/-
- 12/04/17 Purchase goods from Ram & sons Rs 4,000/-
- 14/04/17 Commission paid to Rohan Rs 100/-
- 15/04/17 Payment received from Ram & sons Rs 3,950 by cheque. and Allowed her discount of Rs 50/-
- 16/04/17 Labour charges paid for Rs 250/-
- 18/04/17 Furniture purchase for Rs 2,500/-
- 21/04/17 Sold goods worth Rs 2,500/- to Ramesh.
- 23/04/17 Payment made to Ramesh Rs 2,450 by Cheque and received the discount of Rs. 50/-
- 25/04/17 Freight paid to Rs 300/-.
- 29/04/17 An owner withdraw cash from business for personal use Rs1,000.
Transaction Dated 12/04/17 & 21/04/17 not recorded in cash book because of these are credit business transactions.