Question 08 Chapter 7 of +2-Part-1
8. (Journal Entries) What journal entries would you pass for the following transactions on the dissolution of a firm after the various assets (other than cash) and outside liabilities have been transferred to realisation account ?
(a) Bank loan Rs.12,000 is paid.
(b) Stock worth Rs.6,000 is taken by partner B.
(c) Partner A agrees to pay a creditor Rs. 3,000 due to him.
(d) An asset not appearing in the books of accounts realised Rs.700.
(e) Profit on realisation Rs. 18,000 is to be distributed between A and B in the ratio of 5:4.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question 08 Chapter 7 of +2 Part-1: –
|To cash A/c||12,000|
|(Being repayment of bank loan)|
|b)||B’s capital A/c||Dr.||6,000|
|To realisation A/c||6,000|
|(Being stock taken over by B )|
|To A’s capital A/c||3,000|
|(Being firm’s liabilities assumed by A)|
|To realisation A/c||700|
|(Being amount realized from the sale of unrecorded asset)|
|To A’s capital A/c||10,000|
|To B’s capital A/c||8,000|
|(Being profit on realisation credited to partners in the ratio 5:4)|
Comment if you have any questions.
Also, Check out the solved question of previous Chapters: –
Usha Publication – Accountancy PSEB (Class 12) – Volume I – Solution
- Chapter No. 1 – Accounting Not for Profit Organisations
- Chapter No. 2 – Partnership Accounts – I (Introduction)
- Chapter No. 3 – Partnership Accounts – II (Goodwill: Nature and Valuation)
- Chapter No. 4 – Partnership Accounts – III (Reconstitution of Partnership)
- Chapter No. 5 – Partnership Accounts – IV (Admission of A Partner)
- Chapter No. 6 – Partnership Accounts – V (Retirement and Death of A Partner)
- Chapter No. 7 – Partnership Accounts – VI (Dissolution of Partnership Firm)
- Chapter No. 8 – Company Accounts (Share Capital)
- Chapter No. 9 – Company Accounts (Issue of Debentures)
- Chapter No. 10 – Company Accounts (Redemption of Debentures)
Usha Publication – Accountancy PSEB (Class 12) – Volume II – Solution
- Chapter No. 1 – Financial Statements of a Company
- Chapter No. 2 – Financial Statement Analysis
- Chapter No. 3 – Tools of Financial Statement Analysis- Comparative and Common Size
- Chapter No. 4 – Ratio Analysis
- Chapter No. 5 – Cash Flow Statement