Question 03 Chapter 7 of +2-Part-1
3. (Realisation Entries) Pass the necessary Journal Entries for the following transactions c the dissolution of the firm of James and Haider who were sharing profit and losses in th ratio of 2 1. The various assets (other than cash) and outside liabilities have bee transferred to realization account:
- James agreed to pay off his brother’s loan Rs. 10,000.
- Debtors realized Rs. 12,000.
- Haider took over all investments at Rs. 12,000.
- Sundry creditors Rs. 20,000 were paid at 5% discount.
- Realisation expenses amounted to Rs. 2,000.
- Loss on realization was Rs. 10,200.
We are providing a solution of Question 3 Chapter 7 of +2 Part-1 in two formats. one is in Video format and another is in article format. Check out both formats as follows:
1. Check out the Solution of this question in Video Format:-
The video consists solution of question numbers from 1 to 5 Chapter no. 7 class 12 of Usha publication. To check the direct solution of question no. 3 from the flowing video by using time stamps of the video.
2. Check out the Solution of this question in Article Format:-
The solution of Question 03 Chapter 7 of +2 Part-1: –
|To James capital A/c||10,000|
|(Being James agrees to pay off )|
|To Realisation A/c||12,000|
|(Being cash realized from debtors on dissolution of partnership )|
|c)||Haider’s capital A/c||Dr.||12,000|
|To Realisation A/c||12,000|
|(Being investments taken over by Haider on dissolution )|
|To Cash A/c||19,000|
|(Being creditors paid off at 5 % discount on dissolution )|
|To Cash A/c||2,000|
|(Being realisation expense paid off )|
|f)||James’s capital A/c||Dr.||6,800|
|Haider’s capital A/c||Dr.||3,400|
|To Realisation A/c||10,200|
|(Being loss on distributed among partners )|
Comment if you have any questions.
Also, Check out the solved question of previous Chapters: –
Usha Publication – Accountancy PSEB (Class 12) – Volume I – Solution
- Chapter No. 1 – Accounting Not for Profit Organisations
- Chapter No. 2 – Partnership Accounts – I (Introduction)
- Chapter No. 3 – Partnership Accounts – II (Goodwill: Nature and Valuation)
- Chapter No. 4 – Partnership Accounts – III (Reconstitution of Partnership)
- Chapter No. 5 – Partnership Accounts – IV (Admission of A Partner)
- Chapter No. 6 – Partnership Accounts – V (Retirement and Death of A Partner)
- Chapter No. 7 – Partnership Accounts – VI (Dissolution of Partnership Firm)
- Chapter No. 8 – Company Accounts (Share Capital)
- Chapter No. 9 – Company Accounts (Issue of Debentures)
- Chapter No. 10 – Company Accounts (Redemption of Debentures)
Usha Publication – Accountancy PSEB (Class 12) – Volume II – Solution
- Chapter No. 1 – Financial Statements of a Company
- Chapter No. 2 – Financial Statement Analysis
- Chapter No. 3 – Tools of Financial Statement Analysis- Comparative and Common Size
- Chapter No. 4 – Ratio Analysis
- Chapter No. 5 – Cash Flow Statement