Question No 27 Chapter No 12
27. Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statement from the following particular as on 31st March 2018 when passbook shows debit balance of Rs 2,500
- Cheque issued for Rs 5,000 but up to 31st March 2018 only Rs 3,000 could be cleared.
- Cheque deposited for Rs 5,500 but cheque of Rs500 was collected on 10 April 2018.
- A discounted Bill of Exchange dishonoured Rs 2,000.
- A cheque of Rs 300 debited in the cash book but omitted to e banked
- Interest allowed by bank Rs 400 but no enter was passed in the cash book
The solution of Question No 27 Chapter No 12: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Overdraft as per Pass Book(Cr)||2,500|
|Cheque issued but not yet pretested for payment||2,000|
|Cheque deposited into the bank but not yet credited by the bank||500|
|Bill discounted was dishonoured but entered in the cash book||2,000|
|Cheque entered in the cash book but omitted by bank||300|
|Interest allowed by the bank not entered in the cash book||400|
|Balance as per Cash Book||2,100|
To understand more about cash book please check out following links: –
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of previous Chapters: –
- Chapter No. 5 – Accounting Equation
- Chapter No. 6 – Accounting Procedures – Rules of Debit and Credit
- Goods and Services Tax(GST)
- Chapter No. 8 – Journal
- Chapter No. 9 – Ledger
- Chapter No. 10 – Special Purpose Books I – Cash Book