Question No 22 Chapter No 12
Debit, i.e., overdraft (unfavourable) Balance as per the passbook
22. Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statement from the following particular as on 31st March 2018, when passbook shows a debit balance of Rs 2,500
- Cheque issued for Rs 5,000 but up to 31st March 2018 only Rs 3,000 could be cleared.
- Cheque issued for Rs 1,000 but omitted to be recorded in the cash book.
- Cheque deposited for Rs 5,500 but cheque for Rs 500 were collected on 4th April 2018.
- A discount bill of exchange dishonoured Rs 1,000.
- A cheque of Rs 500 debited in the cash book but omitted to be banked.
Interest allowed by bank Rs 200 but no entry was passed in the cash book.
The solution of Question No 22 Chapter No 12: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Overdraft as per Pass Book(Cr)||2,500|
|Cheque issued but not yet presented for payment||2,000|
|Cheque issued fail to enter in the cash book||1,000|
|Cheque deposited into the bank but not yet credited by the bank||500|
|Bill of exchange was dishonoured||1,000|
|Cheque fail to enter in the cash book||500|
|Interest allowed by the bank not entered in the cash book||200|
|Balance as per Cash Book||1,700|
To understand more about cash book please check out following links: –
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of previous Chapters: –
- Chapter No. 5 – Accounting Equation
- Chapter No. 6 – Accounting Procedures – Rules of Debit and Credit
- Goods and Services Tax(GST)
- Chapter No. 8 – Journal
- Chapter No. 9 – Ledger
- Chapter No. 10 – Special Purpose Books I – Cash Book