Question No 10 Chapter No 12
10. On examining the Bank statement of Green Ltd., it is found that the balance shown on 31st March 2018, differ from bank balance of Rs 23,650 show by the Cashbook on that date. From a detailed comparison of the entries, it is found that:
- Rs 2,860 is entered in the Cashbook as paid into the bank on 31st March 2018 but not credited by a bank until the following day
- Bank charges of Rs 70 on 31st March 2018 are not entered in the cash book
- A bill for Rs 5,500 discounted with the bank is entered in cash book without recording the discount charges of Rs 270
- Cheque totalling Rs 16,720 were issued by the company and duly recorded in the cash book before 31st march,2018 but had not been presented at the bank for payment entail after that date.
- On 25th March 2018, a debtor paid Rs 1,000 into company’s Bank in settlement of his account but not entry was made in the cash book of the company in respect of this.
- No entry has been in the cash book to record the dishonour on 15th March 2018 of a cheque for Rs 550 received form Ram Babu
Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statement as on 31st March 2018.
The solution of Question No 10 Chapter No 12: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Balance as per Cash Book(Dr)||23,650|
|Cheque deposited into the bank but yet credit by the bank till date.||2,860|
|Bank charges not entered in the cash book.||70|
|Discount charges on discounting a bill not entered in the cash book||270|
|Cheque issued but not yet credited by the bank||16,720|
|Cash paid into bank but not entered in the cash book||1,000|
|Dishonour was not entered in the cash book||550|
|Balance as per Pass Book||37,620|
To understand more about cash book please check out following links: –
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of previous Chapters: –
- Chapter No. 5 – Accounting Equation
- Chapter No. 6 – Accounting Procedures – Rules of Debit and Credit
- Goods and Services Tax(GST)
- Chapter No. 8 – Journal
- Chapter No. 9 – Ledger
- Chapter No. 10 – Special Purpose Books I – Cash Book