Question 55 Chapter 2 of +2-Part-1
55. (P/L appropriation a/c, Partners fixed accounts) Black and White have capital of Rs. 75,000 and Rs.50,000 respectively on 1st April, 2016. They share profits in the ratio of 2:1.
The firm has to transfer 5% of net divisible profits for the cost of a pending law suit. Manager of the firm is to get salaries Rs.25,000. The position of the current accounts is as follows:
Interest on opening capital account is allowed @10% p.a. Black withdraws Rs.20,000 during the year, while White withdraws Rs.1,000 p.m. on the first day of every month. Interest on drawings is calculated @12% p.a. Business earned profits of Rs.1,10,000 during the year before the manager’s salary. Black is to be paid salary @Rs.1500 p.m.
Distribute the profit between Black and White and show the partners capital account and current account.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question 55 Chapter 2 of +2 Part-1: –
|Profit and Loss Account A/c
|To Interest on capital – Black @10%||6,000||By net profit (1,10,000-25,000 manager’s salary)||85,000|
|-White @10%||4,500||12,500||By interest on drawings: (WN2)||3,000|
|To Salaries – Black (1500*12)||18,000||-Black(20,000*12%*6/12)||1,200|
|To Contingency Reserve a/c (WN1)||2,690||-White(12,000*12%* 6½ /12||780||1,980|
|To Net profit transferred to Capital a/cs|
|– Black 2/3||35,860|
|– White 1/3||17,930||53,790|
|Profit and Loss Account A/c
|By Balance B/d||75,000||50,000|
|To Balance c/d||75,000||50,000|
|Profit and Loss Account A/c|
|To Balance b/d||12,000||–||By Balance B/d||–||5,000|
|To Drawings A/c||20,000||12,000||By Interest on Capital A/c||7,500||5,000|
|To interest on Drawings A/c||1200||780||By Salary||18,000||–|
|By P&L Appropriation A/c||35,860||17,930|
|To Balance c/d||28,160||15,150|
Working Note: –
1. Contingency Reserve (for a pending lawsuit)
5% on net divisible profits means after charging this contingency reserve:
86,980-(12500+18,000) = 56480*5/105 =2690(approx.)
2. Interest on Black’s drawings to be charged for half year only as date of drawings are not mentioned.
Interest on White’s Drawings are charged for 6½ months as drawings are made equally throughout the year on first day of every month.
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any questions.
Also, Check out the solved question of previous Chapters: –
Usha Publication – Accountancy PSEB (Class 12) – Volume I – Solution
- Chapter No. 1 – Accounting Not for Profit Organisations
- Chapter No. 2 – Partnership Accounts – I
- Chapter No. 3 – Partnership Accounts – II (Introduction)
- Chapter No. 4 – Partnership Accounts – III (Goodwill: Nature and Valuation)
- Chapter No. 5 – Partnership Accounts – IV (Reconstitution of Partnership)
- Chapter No. 6 – Partnership Accounts – V (Admission of A Partner)
- Chapter No. 7 – Partnership Accounts – VI (Retirement and Death of A Partner)
- Chapter No. 8 – Company Accounts (Share Capital)
- Chapter No. 9 – Company Accounts (Issue of Debentures)
- Chapter No. 10 – Company Accounts (Redemption of Debentures)
Usha Publication – Accountancy PSEB (Class 12) – Volume II – Solution
- Chapter No. 1 – Financial Statements of a Company (Balance Sheet Only)
- Chapter No. 2 – Techniques of Financial Statement Analysis
- Chapter No. 3 – Ratio Analysis
- Chapter No. 4 – Cash Flow Statement