Question 05 Chapter 2 of +2-Part-1
5. (No Partnership Deed) A and B are partners in a 3:2 ratio. However, for other matters, they don’t have any agreement. The following conflicts arose between them.
(i) B advanced a loan of Rs.50,000 to the firm and claimed interest @10% p.a.
(ii) B through his contracts, brought the business of Rs. 5,00,000 to the firm and claimed a commission of 5% on Rs.5,00,000.
(iii) A has let out his building to the firm and asked for rent of Rs.2,000 p.m. which is reasonable.
(iv) Profit of the firm was Rs.30,000. A and B claimed this profit in a 3:2 ratio.
Comment on the above issues.
The solution to Question 05 Chapter 2 of +2 Part-1: –
As per provisions of the Partnership Act, of 1932:
(i) B can be granted interest on his loan to the firm @6% p.a.
(ii) B cannot claim any commission for working on behalf of the firm.
(ii) A is entitled to claim rent for the premises being used for the firm, the amount is reasonable.
(iv)The profits should be distributed equally among the partners.
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any questions.
Also, Check out the solved question of previous Chapters: –
Usha Publication – Accountancy PSEB (Class 12) – Volume I – Solution
- Chapter No. 1 – Accounting Not-for-Profit Organisations
- Chapter No. 2 – Partnership Accounts – I (Introduction)
- Chapter No. 3 – Partnership Accounts – II (Goodwill: Nature and Valuation)
- Chapter No. 4 – Partnership Accounts – III (Reconstitution of Partnership)
- Chapter No. 5 – Partnership Accounts – IV (Admission of A Partner)
- Chapter No. 6 – Partnership Accounts – V (Retirement and Death of A Partner)
- Chapter No. 7 – Partnership Accounts – VI (Dissolution of Partnership Firm)
- Chapter No. 8 – Company Accounts (Share Capital)
- Chapter No. 9 – Company Accounts (Issue of Debentures)
- Chapter No. 10 – Company Accounts (Redemption of Debentures)
Usha Publication – Accountancy PSEB (Class 12) – Volume II – Solution
- Chapter No. 1 – Financial Statements of a Company
- Chapter No. 2 – Financial Statement Analysis
- Chapter No. 3 – Tools of Financial Statement Analysis- Comparative and Common Size
- Chapter No. 4 – Ratio Analysis
- Chapter No. 5 – Cash Flow Statement
Check out T.S. Grewal +2 Book 2020@ Official Website of Sultan Chand Publication