E–Way Bill is as electronically generated the document which is required for transportation of goods from one place to another (whether it is inter-state or intra-state) if the value of goods more than Rs. 50,000/-.
The Content covered in this article:
- It is the mandatory document from 01/02/2018 for movement of goods from one place to another.
- If transporter carrying multiple consignments then he needs to generate a consolidated E–Way Bill for all.
- If In any case, the transporter needs to transferred goods from one vehicle to another, then he has to generate a new E–Way Bill for a new vehicle.
- E–Way Bill can be generated and cancelled from GST Portal, app and by SMS.
- When an E–Way Bill is generated a unique E–Way Bill number (EBN) is allocated and is available to the supplier, recipient, and the transporter
- For certain specified Goods, the E–Way Bill needs to be generated mandatorily even if the Value of the consignment of Goods is less than Rs. 50,000:
- Inter-State movement of Goods by the Principal to the Job-worker
- Inter-State Transport of Handicraft goods by a dealer exempted from GST registration
When the value of goods more than 50,000/-(either single invoice value is 50,000/- or consolidate of all invoices value which is carrying one vehicle/conveyance)
- If goods are transferred in relation to a supply (i.e. sale of goods)
- If goods are transferred for a reason other than supply (i.e. Sale Return/Branch transfer)
- If goods are supplied by an unregistered dealer to registered dealer.
- Sale – Means transferred goods for some consideration (Payment)
- Transfer – if goods transferred from head office to branch
- Exchange/Barter – if goods transferred against consideration of other goods from the recipient.
- Registered Person – E-way bill must be generated when there is a movement of goods of more than Rs 50,000 in value to or from a Registered Person. A Registered person or the transporter may choose to generate and carry e-way bill even if the value of goods is less than Rs 50,000.
- Unregistered Persons – Unregistered persons are also required to generate e-Way Bill. However, where a supply is made by an unregistered person to a registered person, the receiver will have to ensure all the compliances are met as if they were the supplier.
- Transporter – Transporters carrying goods by road, air, rail, etc. also need to generate e-Way Bill if the supplier has not generated an e-Way Bill.
In following cases, E-way bill is not required to generate: –
- Goods are moved from the port, airport, air cargo complex for clearance by Customs.
- The specified goods Transported (PDF of List of Goods).
- The goods are transported by non-motor vehicle
The validity of e-way bill depends on distance, which will travel by goods from where E-way bill generated. (either from the supplier or the transporter address).Validity starts from date and time of generation of it.
If you have any question about this topic please ask it in the comment section below: –