Question No 7 Chapter No 12
7. On 30th June 2017 bank column of the Cash Book showed a balance of Rs 12,000 but the Pass Books showed a different balance due to the following reasons:
Cheque paid into the bank Rs 8,000 but out of this only cheque of Rs 6,500 credited by bankers.
The receipt column of the Cash Book undercast by 200
On 29th June, a customer deposited Rs 3,000 directly in the Bank account but it was entered in the Pass Book only.
Cheque of Rs 9,200 was issued of which Rs 2,200 were presented for payment on 15th July
Pass Book shows a credit of Rs 330 as interest and a debit of Rs 60 Bank charges
Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statement on 30th June 2017.
The solution of Question No 7 Chapter No 12: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Balance as per Cash Book(Dr)||12,000|
|Cheque Deposited but not collected by Bank.||1,500|
|Bank Column undercast.||200|
|Cheque deposited directly into Bank||3,000|
|Cheque issued but not yet presented for payment||2,200|
|Interest and Bank Charges||330||60|
|Balance as per Pass Book||16,170|
To understand more about cash book please check out following links: –
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of previous Chapters: –
- Chapter No. 5 – Accounting Equation
- Chapter No. 6 – Accounting Procedures – Rules of Debit and Credit
- Goods and Services Tax(GST)
- Chapter No. 8 – Journal
- Chapter No. 9 – Ledger
- Chapter No. 10 – Special Purpose Books I – Cash Book