Question No 30 Chapter No 12
30. Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statement as on 31st March 2018 from the following particulars:
- R’s overdraft as per pass book Rs 12,000 as on 31st March.
- On 30th March, the cheque had been issued for Rs 70,000 of which cheque amounting to Rs 3,000 only had been encased up to 31st March.*
- A cheque amounting to Rs 3,500 had been paid into the bank for collection but of these only Rs, 500 had been credited in the passbook.
- Bank has charged Rs500 as interest on overdraft and the intimation of which has been received on 2nd April 2018.
- Bank passbook shows credit for Rs 1,000 representing Rs 400 paid by the debtor of R direct into the bank and Rs 600 collected directly by the bank in respect of interest on R’s investment .R had no knowledge of these items.
- A cheque for Rs 200 has been debited in the bank column of cash book by R but it was not sent to the bank at all.
The solution of Question No 30 Chapter No 12: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items |
|Minus Items |
|Overdraft as per Pass Book(Cr)||12,000|
|Cheque issued but not yet presented for payment||67,000|
|Cheque deposited into the bank but not yet credited by the bank||3,000|
|Bank charges charged by the bank||500|
|The debtor paid directly paid in bank and interest on investment did not enter in the cash book||1,000|
|Cheque debited in the cash book but it was not sent to the bank for collection||200|
|Balance as per Cash Book||76,300|
(ii)On 30th March, the cheque had been issued for Rs 70,000 of which cheque amounting to Rs 3,000 only had been encased up to 31st March.*
In this transaction, the Rs 3,000 has been presented for payment and Rs 67,000 has not been presented for payment so we have to add it bank in the bank column of cash book
To understand more about cash book please check out following links: –
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of previous Chapters: –
- Chapter No. 5 – Accounting Equation
- Chapter No. 6 – Accounting Procedures – Rules of Debit and Credit
- Goods and Services Tax(GST)
- Chapter No. 8 – Journal
- Chapter No. 9 – Ledger
- Chapter No. 10 – Special Purpose Books I – Cash Book