Question No 39 Chapter No 11
39.From the following particulars, prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement of Alpha Electronic Motor. Private Ltd. As on 30th September, 2019:
(a) Overdraft on 30th September 2014 as per Pass Book 10,000.
(b) Cheque deposited in the bank but not recorded in Cash Book 100.
(c) Cheque received and recorded in the Cash Book but not sent to bank for collection 1,000.
(d) Several cheques were drawn in the last week of September, totalling 15,000; of these cheques totalling only 9,000 were cashed before 30th September.
(e) Similarly, several cheques, totaling 9,000 were sent for collection; of these cheques of the value of 1,500 were credited on 5th October and 2,000 on 7th October, balance being credited before 30th September.
(f) Fees of 250 was paid directly by the bank but was not recorded in the Cash Book.
(g) In the Cash Book, a bank charge of 30 was recorded twice while another bank charge of 50 was not recorded at all.
(h) Interest of 1,400 was charged by the bank but was not recorded in the Cash Book.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 39 Chapter No 11: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items (Rs)||Minus Items(Rs)|
|Debit Balance (Overdraft) as per Pass Book (Account No. I)||10,000|
|Add: (c) Cheque received recorded in Cash Book but not sent for collection||1,000|
|(e) Cheques deposited but not credited (1,500 + 2,000)||3,500|
|(f) Fees paid by bank||250|
|(g) Bank charges||50|
|(h) Interest on overdraft charged||1,400|
|Less: (b) Cheque deposited but not recorded in Cash Book||100|
|(d) Cheque issued but not presented (15,000 – 9,000)||6,000|
|(g) Bank charges recorded twice in Cash Book||30|
|Credit Balance (Overdraft) as per Cash Book||9,930|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.