Question No 38 Chapter No 11
38. Raghav & Co. have two bank accounts, Account No. I and Account No. II. From the following particulars relating to Account No. I, find out the balance on that account on December 31, 2016 according to the Cash Book of the firm.
(i) Cheques paid into bank prior to December 31, 2016, but not credited until after that date for 10,000.
(ii) Transfer of funds from Account No. II to Account No. I recorded by the bank on December 31, 2016 but entered in the Cash Book after that date for 8,000.
(iii) Cheques issued prior to December, 31 2016 but not presented until after that date for 7,429.
(iv) Bank charges debited by bank not entered in the Cash Book for 200.
(v) Interest debited by the bank not entered in the Cash Book 580.
(vi) Overdraft as per Pass Book 18,990.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 38 Chapter No 11: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items (Rs)||Minus Items(Rs)|
|Debit Balance (Overdraft) as per Pass Book (Account No. I)||18,990|
|Add: (i) Cheque deposited but not credited||10,000|
|(iv) Bank charges||200|
|(v) Interest on overdraft charged||580|
|Less: (ii) Transfer of funds from Account No. II to Account No. I, not recorded in Cash Book||8,000|
|(iii) Cheque issued but not presented for payment||7,429|
|Credit Balance (Overdraft) as per Cash Book||23,639|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.