Question No 37 Chapter No 11
37. From the following particulars prepare bank reconciliation statement as on 31st March 2015:
(a) Debit balance as per Cash Book 1,500.
(b) A cheque for 2,000 issued in favor of X has not been presented for payment.
(c) A bill for 4,000 retired by the bank under a rebate of 120. The full amount of the bill was credited in Cash Book.
(d) A cheque for 750 deposited in the bank has been dishonored.
(e) A sum of 3,600 deposited in the bank has been credited as 360 in the Pass Book.
(f) Payment side of the Cash Book has been undercast by 100.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 37 Chapter No 11: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items (Rs)||Minus Items(Rs)|
|Debit Balance as per Cash Book||1,500|
|Add: (b) Cheque issued but not presented for payment||2,000|
|(c) Rebate on Bills Payable not recorded in Cash Book||120|
|Less: (d) Cheque deposited but dishonoured||750|
|(e) Cheque deposited Rs 3,600 recorded as Rs 360 in Pass Book||3,240|
|(f) Payment side of Cash Book undercast||100|
|Debit Balance (Overdraft) as per Pass Book||470|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.