Question No 31 Chapter No 11
31. On Checking Ram’s Cash Book with the bank statement of his overdraft current account for the month of November 2019, you find the following:
(a) Cash Book showed an overdraft of 16,200.
(b) The payment side of the Cash Book had been undercast by 500.
(c) A cheque for 13,600 drawn on his saving deposit account has been wrongly recorded as drawn on current account in the Cash Book.
(d) Cheques amounting to 18,800 drawn and entered in the Cash Book had not been presented.
(e) Cheques amounting to 7,500 sent to the bank for collection though entered in the Cash Book, had not been credited by the bank.
(f) Bank charge of 150 as per bank statement of account had not been taken in the Cash Book.
(g) Dividend of the amount of 420 had been paid direct to the bank and not entered in the Cash Book.
You are requested to arrive at the balance as it would appear in the bank statement as on 30th November 2019.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 31 Chapter No 11: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items (Rs)||Minus Items(Rs)|
|Credit Balance (Overdraft) as per Cash Book||16,200|
|Add: (b) Cheque drawn on Saving A/c recorded as drawn on Current A/c||13,600|
|(c) Cheque issued but not presented||18,800|
|(f) Dividend collected by Bank||420|
|Less: (a) Payment side of Cash Book undercast||500|
|(d) Cheque deposited but not credited||7,500|
|(e) Bank charges||150|
|Debit Balance as per Pass Book||8,470|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.