Question No 29 Chapter No 11
29. On 31st December, 2014 the Cash Book of Gopal showed debit balance of 12,000. On comparing the Cash Book
with the Pass Book, the following discrepancies were noted:-
(a) Cheques were issued for 15,000, but of them cheques for 7,700 have not yet been presented.
(b) Cheques for 8,000 were deposited in bank but of these cheques for 2,000 were not recorded in the Cash Book.
(c) Cheques deposited in bank but not credited 3,800.
(d) A cheque for 350 was paid into bank but bank credited the amount with 530 by mistake.
(e) Bank received interest on debentures on behalf of Gopal amounting to 300.
(f) It was also found that the total of one page on the payment side of the Cash Book was 4,520 but it was written on the next page as 5,420.
Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 29 Chapter No 11: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items (Rs)||Minus Items(Rs)|
|Debit Balance as per Cash Book||12,000|
|Add: (a) Cheque issued but not presented||7,700|
|(b) Cheque deposited but not entered in Cash Book||2,000|
|(d) Amount wrongly credited by bank (530 – 350)||180|
|(e) Interest on Debentures received||300|
|(f) Overcasting of Payment side of Cash Book (5,420 – 4,520)||900|
|Less: (c) Cheque deposited but not credited||3,800|
|Debit Balance(overdraft) as per Pass Book||19,280|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.