Question No 28 Chapter No 11
28. From the following items prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement on 31st May 2015:
(a) Bank balance as per Cash Book on 31st May 2015 17,600.
(b) Cash and cheques totaling 36,000 were sent to the bank during May but one cheque of 11,800 was shown in the
Pass Book on 2nd June.
(c) As per instructions bankers have directly collected 4,100 from a customer but there is no mention of it in the
(d) Three cheques for 10,000, 12,000, and 4,800 respectively were drawn on 27th May but the cheque for 4,800
was encashed on 1st June.
(e) On 31st May bankers had debited 45 as bank charges but had intimated it on 3rd June.
(f) 16,200 were withdrawn from the bank on 25th May but there is no entry for it in the Cash Book.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 28 Chapter No 11: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items (Rs)||Minus Items(Rs)|
|Credit Balance as per Pass Book||17,600|
|Add: (c) Amount directly deposited by a customer||4,100|
|(d) Cheque issued but not presented for payment||4,800|
|Less: (b) Cheque deposited but not collected||11,800|
|(e) Bank charges||45|
|(f) Amount withdrawn from a bank was not recorded in Cash Book||16,200|
|Debit Balance(overdraft) as per Pass Book||1,545|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.