Question No 26 Chapter No 11
26. On 31st March 2019 the bank column of the Cash Book of Mr. Rajesh showed a debit balance of 5,200. On examining the Pass Book you find that:
(i) Cheques of 20,000 were sent to the bank for collection; Out of these cheques of 4,000 and of 5,000 were credited respectively on 5th April and 6th April respectively and the remaining cheques were credited before 31st March.
(ii) A cheque for 7,500 received from a customer although entered in the bank column of the Cash Book, was omitted to be paid into the bank.
(iii) Cheques drawn for 25,000 were not presented for payment.
(iv) Credit side of the bank column of the Cash Book was overcast by 100.
(v) A B/P for 3,600 has been paid by the bank, but not yet recorded in the Cash Book.
(vi) No entry has been made in the Cash Book to record the dishonor on 28th March 2019, of a cheque for 5,400 received from a customer.
(vii) A cheque for 2,500 issued to a creditor was wrongly entered in the cash column of the Cash Book.
(viii) In the Cash Book, bank charges of 200 were entered twice while another bank charge of 500 was not recorded at all.
You are required to show the necessary corrections in the Cash Book and to prepare a statement reconciling the amended cash balance with that shown in the bank Pass Book.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 26 Chapter No 11: –
|Dr.||Adjusted Cash Book (Bank Column only) as of March 31, 2019||Cr.|
|Balance b/d||5,200||(v)||Bills Payable A/c||3,600|
|(iv)||Credit side overcasted||100||(vi)||Customer A/c (Dishonour of Cheque)||5,400|
|(viii)||Bank Charges A/c (entered twice)||200||(vii)||Supplier’s A/c (Cheque issued recorded in casach column)||2,500|
|(viii)||Bank Charges A/c||500|
|To Balance c/d||6,500|
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items (Rs)||Minus Items(Rs)|
|Credit Balance (Overdraft) as per Amended Cash Book||6,500|
|Add: (iii) Cheque issued but not presented for payment||25,000|
|Less: (i) Cheques deposited but not credited||9,000|
|(ii) Cheque recorded in cash book but not sent to bank||7,500|
|Debit Balance(overdraft) as per Pass Book||2,000|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.