Question No 24 Chapter No 11
24. On 31st March 2019 the Cash Book of Gopal disclosed a balance of 12,580. On checking entries in the Cash Book with the bank statement, it was ascertained that:
(i) Cheques amounting to 18,000 were drawn on 25th March, of which cheques of 4,800 were cashed before 31st March.
(ii) Cheques for 18,000 were sent for collection out of which cheques for 8,200 were credit by the bank after 31st March.
(iii) An amount of 5,000 paid directly into the merchant’s account by a customer was not entered in the Cash Book.
(iv) On 31st March, cash was deposited into the bank 12,720 but the cashier debited the bank account with 12,270 by mistake.
(v) Dividend collected by bank on our behalf 570 does not appear in the Cash Book.
(vi) 300 is entered in the bank statement as bank charges. This was recorded as 200 in the cash book.
You are required:
(i) to prepare the Amended Cash Book,
and (ii) then prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 24 Chapter No 11: –
|Dr.||Adjusted Cash Book (Bank Column only) as of March 31, 2019||Cr.|
|To Balance c/d||12,580||(vii)||By Bank Charges A/c||100|
|(v)||To Cheques deposited undercast (12,720 – 12,270)||450|
|(iii)||To Customer’s A/c|
(Direct deposit by customer)A/c
|(vi)||To Dividend A/c||570||By Balance c/d||18,500|
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items (Rs)||Minus Items(Rs)|
|Debit Balance as per Amended Cash Book||18,500|
|Add: (i) Cheque issued but not presented (18,000 – 4,800)||13,200|
|Less: (ii) Cheque deposited but not credited||8,200|
|Credit Balance as per Pass Book||23,500|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.