Question No 20 Chapter No 11
20. On 30th June, 2020 the Pass Book of Sh. Mahabir Prashad showed a balance of 22,000. On comparing the PassBook with Cash Book the following differences were found:-
1. Mahabir Prashad had paid into the Bank on 26th June four cheques for 3,000; 6,000; 8,000 and 10,000. Of these, the cheque for 6,000 was credited by the bank in July 2020.
2. On 23rd June three cheques were drawn for 12,000; 13,000 and 16,000. The first two cheques were presented to the bank for payment in June and the third in July 2020.
3. Cheques amounting to 3,600 were deposited in the bank but no entry was passed in the Cash Book.
4. Bank charges entered in Cash Book twice 50.
5. Cheque received entered twice in the Cash Book 3,200.
Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement as of 30th June 2020.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 20 Chapter No 11: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement
|Credit Balance as per Pass Book||22,000|
|Add 1. Cheque deposited but not credited||6,000|
|5. Cheque received entered twice in Cash Book||3,200|
|Less: 2. Cheque issued but not presented for payment||16,000|
|3. Cheque deposited not recorded in Cash Book||3,600|
|4. Bank charges entered twice in Cash Book||50|
|Debit Balance (Overdraft) as per Cash Book||11,550|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.