Question No 19 Chapter No 11
19.On 30th June 2014 Pass Book showed a balance of 5,200. Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statement from the following particulars:-
I. Out of total cheques amounting to 16,000 deposited, cheques amounting to 9,000 were credited in June 2020, Cheques amounting to 3,000 were credited in July 2014, and the rest have not been collected so far.
II. Out of total cheques amounting to 45,000 drawn, cheques amounting to 7,500 were presented in June 2020, Cheques amounting to 18,000 were presented in July 2014, and the rest have not been presented so far.
III. Amount wrongly credited by bank 3,400.
IV. Payment side of the Cash Book has been undercast by 200.
V. Cheques recorded in the Cash Book in June 2014 but sent to a bank in July 2020 2,500.
VI. A cheque of 20,000 deposited in the bank has been dishonored but no intimation was received till June 2020.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 19 Chapter No 11: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items |
|Minus Items |
|Credit Balance as per Pass Book||5,200|
|Add: I. Cheque deposited but not credited (16,000 – 9,000)||7,000|
|IV. Payment side of Cash Book was undermasted||200|
|V. Cheque recorded in the cash book but not sent to a bank||2,500|
|VI. Cheque dishonored by Bank||20,000|
|Less: II. Cheque issued but not presented for payment (45,000 – 7,500)||37,500|
|III. Amount wrongly credited by Bank||3,400|
|Credit Balance (Overdraft) as per Cash Book||6,000|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.