Question No 15 Chapter No 11
15. Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement on 31 December 2019 from the following particulars:-
(a) A’s overdraft as per Pass Book 20,000 as of 31st Dec.
(b) On 30th December, cheques had been issued for 80,000, of which cheques worth 15,000 only had been encashed up to 31st December.
(c) Cheques amounting to 6,500 had been paid into the bank for collection but of these only 2,500 had been credited in the Pass Book.
(d) The bank has charged 700 as interest on overdraft and the intimation of which has been received on 2nd January 2020.
(e) The Bank Pass Book shows credit for 2,000 representing 1,400 paid by the debtor of A direct into the bank and 600 collected directly by bank in respect of interest on A,s investment. A had no knowledge of these items.
(f) A cheque for 3,600 has been debited in the bank column of Cash Book by A, but it was not sent to the bank at all.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 15 Chapter No 11: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items |
|Minus Items |
|Debit Balance (Overdraft) as per Pass Book||20,000|
|Add: (c) Cheque deposited but not collected (6,500 – 2,500)||4,000|
|(d) Interest on Overdraft charged by Bank||700|
|(f) Cheque recorded in the cash book but not sent to the bank||3,600|
|Less: (b) Cheque issued but not presented (80,000 – 15,000)||65,000|
|(e) Direct deposit by customer||1,400|
|(e) Interest on investments||600|
|Credit Balance (Overdraft) as per Cash Book||78,700|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.