Question No 07 Chapter No 11
07. Tiwari and Sons find that the bank balance shown by their Cash Book on December 31, 2016, is 40,500 (Credit) but the Pass Book shows a difference due to the following reasons:
(i) A cheque for 5,000 drawn in favour of Manohar has not yet been presented for payment.
(ii) A post-dated cheque for 900 has been debited in the bank column of the Cash Book but it could not have been presented in any case.
(iii) Cheques totalling 10,200 deposited with the bank have not yet been collected and another cheque for 4,000 deposited in the account has been dishonoured.
(iv) A Bill Payable for 10,000 was retired by the Bank under a rebate of 150 but the full amount of the bill was credited in the bank column of the cash book.
Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement and find out the balance as per Pass Book
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 07 Chapter No 11: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement
|Overdraft as per the Cash Book (Cr.)||40,500|
|Add: (i) Cheque issued but not presented for payment||5,000|
|(iv) Rebate received not recorded in Cash Book||150|
|Less: (ii) Post-dated cheque recorded as deposit in Cash Book||900|
|(iii) Cheques deposited but not credited||10,200|
|(iii) Cheque dishonoured and not recorded in Cash Book||620||4,000|
|Credit Balance as per Pass Book||50,450|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.