Question No 06 Chapter No 11
When Credit Balance(Overdraft) as per cash Books is Given:-
06.Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statement as of 31st January 2017, if Cash Book of Mr. Sanjay showed a credit balance of 20,100.
(i) The bank had paid a fire insurance premium of 550 which does not appear in the Cash Book.
(ii) Cheques for 25,000 issued during January, but cheques for only 18,500 were presented for payment.
(iii) Interest collected by bank 740.
(iv) Cheques of 8,700 were deposited into the bank, but cheques for 7,000 were cleared till 31st January 2017.
(v) A customer deposited 620 directly into the bank without informing Mr. Sanjay.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 06 Chapter No 11: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items |
|Minus Items |
|Overdraft as per the Cash Book (Cr.)||20,100|
|(i) Fire insurance not debited||550|
|(ii) Cheques not presented for payment||6,500|
|(iii) Interest collected by bank not recorded||740|
|(iv) Cheques not cleared by bank||1,700|
|(v) Deposited directly into bank||620|
|Credit Balance as per Pass Book||14,490|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.