Question No 03 Chapter No 11
03. On 30th June 2014, the bank column of Mohan Kapoor’s Cash Book showed a debit balance of 12,000. On checking the Cash Book with bank statement you find that:-
1. Cheques paid into Bank 8,000, but out of these only cheques of 6,500 were cleared and credited by the Bankers up to 30th June.
2. Cheques of 9,200 were issued but out of these only cheques of 7,000 were presented for payment up to 30th June.
3. The receipt column of the Cash Book has been undercast by 200.
4. The Pass Book shows a credit of 330 as interest on investments collected by bankers and a debit of 60 for bank charges.
5. On 29th June a Customer deposited 3,000 direct in the bank account but it was entered only in the Pass Book.
Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement.
The Content covered in this article:
The solution of Question No 03 Chapter No 11: –
|Bank Reconciliation Statement|
|Particular||Plus Items |
|Minus Items |
|Debit Balance as per Cash Book||12,000|
|Add: 2. Cheques issued but not presented (9,200 – 7,000)||2,200|
|3. Receipt column of Cash Book was undercasted||200|
|4. Interest on investment collected by Bank||330|
|5. Amount directly deposited by Customer||3,000|
|Less: 1. Cheques deposited but not credited (8,000 – 6,500)||1,500|
|4. Bank Charges||60|
|Credit Balance as per Pass Book||16,170|
Thanks, Please Like and share with your friends
Comment if you have any question.
Also, Check out the solved question of all Chapters: –
D K Goel – New ISC Accountancy -(Class 11 – ICSE)- Solution
- Chapter 1 Evolution of Accounting & Basic Accounting Terms
- Chapter 2 Accounting Equations
- Chapter 3 Meaning and Objectives of Accounting
- Chapter 4 Double Entry System
- Chapter 5 Books of Original Entry – Journal
- Chapter 6 Accounting for Goods and Service Tax (GST) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 7 Books of Original Entry – Cash Book (Coming soon)
- Chapter 8 Books of Original Entry – Special Purpose Subsidiary Books (Coming soon)
- Chapter 9 Ledger (Coming soon)
- Chapter 10 Trial Balance and Errors (Coming soon)
- Chapter 11 Bank Reconciliation Statement (Coming soon)
- Chapter 12 Depreciation (Coming soon)
- Chapter 13 Bills of Exchange (Coming soon)
- Chapter 14 Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP)
- Chapter 15 Bases of Accounting
- Chapter 16 Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standard(IFRS) (Coming soon)
- Chapter 17 Capital and Revenue
- Chapter 18 Provisions and Reserves
- Chapter 19 Final Accounts (Coming soon)
- Chapter 20 Final Accounts – With Adjustments (Coming soon)
- Chapter 21 Errors and their Rectification (Coming soon)
- Chapter 22 Accounts from Incomplete Records – Single Entry System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 23 Accounts of Not-for-Profit Organisations (Coming soon)
- Chapter 24 Computerised Accounting System (Coming soon)
- Chapter 25 Introduction to Accounting Information System (Coming soon)
Check out the Accountancy Class +1 by D.K. Goal (Arya Publication) from their official Site.