The Excel COUNT Function is used, where we need to count the number of numbers in the selected range or cells reference. It can count together the numerical values in the multiple selected ranges or cells references.
- With the help of COUNT Function, we can get the total number of the number values in the selected array, range or cells.
- It can use further with other excel function.
- Error values or text values that cannot be recognized into numbers are not counted by this function.
- The logical values TRUE and FALSE are also not counted.
- Empty cells and text are also not counted.
Explanation of Function:-
Now, We will explain the Arguments of the Function.
=COUNT(value1, [value2], …)
value1: – Value 1 is represented the selected range of the cells from which the function have to count the number of numbers values.
[value2]: – Value 2 is represented the second selected range of the cells from which the function have to count the number of numbers values. Because we can use multiple selections. If you have only single row or column to select then you don’t need to enter the second value.
Example of Function: –
I will show you, how to apply the function.
From the following table get the total of number values in the values column.
We will Apply the COUNT function and get the result. This is shown in the following steps: –
Step No. 1:-
We will write the “=COUNT( ” in the column of the result.
Step No. 2
Now select the range of cells on which you want to apply the function.
Step No. 3: –
Now, Press enter and get the result: –
Please Share and comment your feedback.
to buy the Microsoft Excel Click Here.